Magic of Projectors




  




 
 A large TV screen cannot accomplish what a projector can do. Projectors were originally made to present movies, picture shows, or any type of image that needed to be shown to a large audience. People sometimes use them as backdrops or decoration. You have probably seen projectors in classrooms at school and the movie theatre. Or, you have probably used a projector for an outdoor movie night. These brilliant machines are used in so many ways.










     As a photographer, I get bored of taking pictures of objects with backgrounds that don’t show off a unique kind of light or color. So, I use projectors to show images as a background for  what I am presenting. You can even have an image or video of anything projected and you can take pictures or videos. In these photos, my friends and I were grabbing random objects (like the orange above) and holding them to a square shaped spot of light that we google searched and edited.  We then posed in front of them, because who doesn’t love these different backgrounds?










  If you want a clear and perfect projection, make sure that the background is not busy and that the lighting wherever you are is dark. When the projector shines in a bright setting, the image will be blurry and dull. Before taking pictures of people with a projected background, try your best to project on a flat, light colored wall instead of a dark cloth, so that the background image is clearly seen. The image itself can be busy, but the background should not be unless you are combining both to create another look.





  Projectors can be used for multiple purposes and some are very inexpensive. If you don’t already have one, I suggest purchasing one because these are so much fun to work with and you could do whatever you want them.




Projector: Crenova XPE 460


Photos were taken on Nikon D3300.

Comments

  1. I really liked the photographs you added, they are VERY aesthetically pleasing. I myself like photography and projectors are really a cool thing that can make any picture a bit more interesting. I also liked how you give some tips on how the projector and such should be set up and the type of backgrounds that would be best to use. I really liked this post! Keep up with doing what you're doing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this post was a really cool idea! I usually don't think about how important projectors are, in our daily lives and for photography, they are beautiful. They really open up the world of photography, I really enjoyed this post. It was informational but also interesting and I hope to see more posts like this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah. I usually just associate projectors with old teachers but I never knew they could actually look good! Love your photos and I definitely want to see more of them in the future! *on my way to the nearest projector-seller*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts